Works directly with employees and management to onboard, train and develop Human Resources within assigned, designated departments.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance • Works directly with department managers on hiring, evaluations, competency documentation and performance issues • Posts open positions, advertises, recruits and screens applicants, conducts reference checks and education/licensure/registration/certification verification on potential employees • Coordinates and directs the onboarding process for employees (offer calls, background checks, offer letters, orientation enrollment, required documents and the scheduling of employee health appointments) • Processes internal transfers • Acts as a liaison with employment agencies, advertising agencies, and temporary agencies and reviews contracts with these agencies • Develops and drafts job descriptions • Interfaces with employees, supervisors and managers relative to benefits, compensation, discipline and policy interpretation • Assists and advises management in the application and interpretation of personnel policies and procedures, union contracts, transfers and terminations • Knows and understands the workings of departments, and attends department meetings. • Participates in professional activities to keep abreast of changes in new developments in the field • Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement • Orients new employees, transferring employees and volunteers to their assigned department and works directly with mentors assigned in specific department on training new staff • Provides guidance and input on department restructures, workforce planning and succession planning • Provides employees and managers with FMLA paperwork and validates eligibility • Serves as an HRIS resource • Prepares and maintains all onboarding materials • Attends assigned committee meetings • Coordinates and attends on-site/off-site job fairs or other recruiting events • Coordinates travel arrangements with interview candidates • Provides clerical support and backup to other staff members/coworkers • Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Essential job requirements listed in bold)
• Demonstrates the ability to use a personal computer and various software programs applicable to the position • Demonstrates the ability to operate applicable office equipment • Demonstrates effective skills in oral and written communication • Exhibits the ability to deal effectively interdepartmentally and with the public • Exhibits the ability to maintain confidentiality, think and act independently with minimal supervision • Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location • Must be able to work in a high paced, multi-tasking environment
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field (may substitute 5 years progressive, recent HR experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree) • Human Resource related certification preferred • Basic medical terminology preferred
• Three years Human Resource experience • One year healthcare/hospital experience
• Union experience highly preferred
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: $10,000 sign-on bonus plus relocation for experience candidates
Internal Number: R399
About Bay Area Hospital
Bay Area Hospital is the largest hospital on Oregon's South Coast, located in Coos Bay, OR with over 1,100 staff members. The hospital is a Level III trauma center accredited by The Joint Commission, the Commission on Cancer, the American College of Cardiology, and the American Heart Association.
Built in 1974, BAH is governed by a board of directors comprised of community members, and has been serving the South Coast for over 4 decades. With cutting edge medical technology, the hospital has just finished implementing Epic, an electronic health records system hand-in-hand with our community health partners, North Bend Medical Center and Bay Clinic in summer 2021.
The Bay Area, consisting of Coos Bay, North Bend and Charleston, is a truly unique community. Located on the Southern Oregon Coast, home to some of the most spectacular beaches and sand dunes in the world, the Bay Area has become a haven for outdoor enthusiasts and retirees to experience living in the unspoiled beauty that surrounds us, and is the perfect nest for young families to grow.