The Chemical Biology and Therapeutics (CBT) department merges ground breaking technical capabilities with deep scientific expertise to deliver bold innovations at the forefront of science. As the Global Lead of the Next Generation Sequencing team in CBT, you will spearhead our efforts to drive innovation through the development and deployment of new genomic methods allowing rapid discovery of new biology, novel drug targets, and disease biomarkers. You will lead a global team of wet bench and in silico scientists, promoting emerging genomic technologies and related bioinformatic approaches in our organization and beyond.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain and advance our suite of next-generation sequencing methodologies including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, single cell RNA-seq, spatial transcriptomics, long read sequencing, etc. Proactively identify new genomic solutions and develop a strategy for their implementation based upon the emerging needs across the NIBR organization.
- Engage with Disease Area and genomic specialists across the community.
- Partner with NIBR Data Scientists to ensure maximum impact, invest in data as a key asset, and help define data analysis standards. Drive the identification and use and/or development of innovative analytical methods based on technology needs.
- Be responsible for the outsourcing of genomics assays to external vendors for regular activities, ensure that research study timelines for data delivery are met, and that the data meets high quality standards as well as regulatory and legal requirements.
- Build and implement a governance structure to ensure a science-driven prioritization strategy, and ensure timely and transparent communication to stakeholders
- Establish effective relationships with cross functional scientific teams in a matrixed environment, and ensure alignment of plans and strategies with NIBR leadership team and Disease Area heads.
- Partner with external innovators, academics, biotechs, and other Pharmas to identify/evaluate new technologies and outstanding biology research
- Lead cross-departmental teams, department-wide initiatives, and work streams.
- Publish internally and externally as the main contributor, to improve Novartis and CBT/Genomic Sciences visibility.