Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-018824
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Receive, sort, accessions and transcribes clinical data information from all requisitions received into lab manager clinical data section includes but not limited to all case types received throughout all shifts.
- Receive and sort medical requisition by specialty
- Accession cases according to case types and should be within the department's productivity standards.
- Accurately read, interpret and transcribes clinical data information from all requisitions, including hand-written clinical data.
- Must be able to identify and prioritize cases categorized as HIGH, STAT, and PRIORITY.
- Must be able to identify samples that are not processed in-house (Send Out).
- Assist in generating and managing reports as directed by the Supervisor.
- Ensure requisitions are scanned into OnBase system for company-wide access via web site at the end of every accession.
- Must be able to identify discrepancies from information previously entered against the requisition, includes documentation via quality assurance flag.
- Work with pathologist when necessary to streamline workflow, trouble shoot issues and make entry process more efficient.
- Identify and apply client specific instructions when applicable.
- Compose and communicate correspondences between Lab and Medical Operations.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor and/or department's manager on a daily basis pertaining to the Non-Technical operations.
- Accurately and efficiently enter all clinical data information in Lab Manager.
- Must be able to check requisitions accurately and identify and document discrepancies via quality assurance flag in Lab Manager.
- Must maintain an overall error rate less than 1%
- Strong understanding of medical terminology
- Follow all laboratory safety and housekeeping procedures
- Follow all compliance, regulatory and laboratory policies and procedures
- Medical Transcriptionist with a minimum of 3 years' experience
- Must possess strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be able to accurately read, interpret hand written clinical data information and occasionally correct spelling of all terms and words; correcting medical terminology
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to accurately type 55-65 wpm
- Above-average spelling, grammar, communication and memory skills
- Proficient in MS Word & and Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Able to operate standard office equipment which includes menu-driven computer workstations, computer printers, office mailing machines, fax machines and basic laboratory equipment
- Must be flexible with schedule
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performance to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties do the job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects and tools. Reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to distinguish and identify different colors. Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and see clearly 20 feet or more.
- Work environment: Work space is well lighted, temperature controlled work area. Work area may be cramped in size at times. Interruptions and changes in priorities are apt to occur and employee must be able to work effectively, efficiently and cheerfully under these conditions. The noise level in the work area environment is usually moderately quiet.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.