Location: Torrance, California
Internal Number: HRC1146184
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. Join us and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022-23. Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The Health Info Associate II performs specialized health information activities vital to organize, maintain, and use electronic and paper patient health records. Depending on area signed, may specialize in one or more clerical functions, such as coding clerical support, transcription processing and interface, coordination of record requests, image scanning quality auditing, or serve as the satellite rep in off-campus locations. Analyze/research errors. Participate in quality reviews. Compile and trend data and generate reports. Queries multiple electronic record and tracking systems. Understands chart organization and content, CSMC and external requirements related to chart documentation and privacy.
- Maintain records of various media in the centralized location.
- Serve as a customer service liaison between the records management center and main campus department and satellite locations, which includes advising customer of delays and anticipated resolution timeframes. Respond to customer requests for information/records in a timely manner dependent on the customer's stated need. Retrieve information/records fulfilling customer needs and/or service level agreements with various departments/clinics.
- Collect records from various locations for storage. Prepare boxes/information/media for transport and destruction. Receive box/record/media deliveries from hospital campus/departments. Process and route items received following established procedures. Update electronic tracking system based on any physical record activity.
- Purge inactive records in accordance with the organization's record retention/destruction guidelines. Submit destruction notes to information owners in accordance with organizational policy.
- Organizing paper documents in a prescribed order, including date order. Identify correct information type based on the clinical terminology knowledge. Place indexing sheet for patient/document type identification. Remove documents that are replicated directly in the legal medical record electronically. Ensures all documents have 2 patient identifiers and belong to the accurate patient, and will identify missing identification and refer onto Supervisor. Scans high-quality documents into appropriate systems. Marks blank pages for exclusion from imaged record.
- One (1)+ years' experience in health care setting or related field.
- Basic medical terminology, required.
- Attention to detail, decision-making, and basic analytical skills.
- Showed strength with basic PC skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, required. Intermediate keyboarding skills.
- Solid understanding with content of medical records, documentation, and privacy regulatory standards. (preferred)
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong data analysis and research skills for error corrections. (preferred)
- Knowledge of hospital computer systems and EMRs, preferred. (knowledge of Epic system a plus)
High School Diploma or GED required. Some college / Associates degree preferred.
Registered Health Info Tech (RHIT). (preferred)
Valid California Driver's license required. For Records Management: Work involves driving a company van with exposure to road/traffic hazards.
Order picker/forklift certification. (Health Information Department will facilitate/provide at time of hire)
#LI-Onsite Working Title:
Health Info Associate IIDepartment:
Health Info Record MgmntBusiness Entity:
Corporate ServicesJob Category:
Patient Financial ServicesJob Specialty:
Medical RecordsPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$19.44 - $29.16