Benefit coverage from day 1, RRSP matching, Employee share options, Vacation 3 weeks PTO
2 openings available.
Internal Number: 2022-418
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
Working both independently and in a team environment; working with and assisting senior technicians with all functional test equipment and fixtures to assure all systems are functional and operating within Ross standards.
Who you report to: Test Development Manager
What we offer Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
· Troubleshooting anywhere from fully assembled systems all the way down to the component level on PCBAs
· Initiating repairs using appropriate routing and rework tools
· Working with Production Managers, Lead-Hands and cell supervisors for work prioritization to ensure internal and external customer demands are met
· Providing technical support to Production test staff, by validating infrastructure integrity and initiating repairs as well as providing technical support to the Test Development team on NPI (new product introduction).
· Use various test equipment and tools (hardware and software) to test and debug products and as required,
· Perform production configuration, testing and calibration following established procedures, policies and protocols and performing other related duties as required
Electronics Technician/Technologist diploma or equivalent in experience is required
· Excellent understanding of electronic theory and applications, with an emphasis on digital components such as CPU, FPGA, flash, etc.
· A solid foundation in schematic reading and interpretation with a working knowledge of Linux and other command line interface with hardware and knowledge of JTAG technologies (IEEE 1149.1, 1149.6.). Familiarity with a wide variety of test equipment (i.e.: high-speed scopes, video/audio generators/analysers, DVMs, etc.)
· Experience with scripting languages such as AutoIt, TCL, or equivalent and experience with programming languages such as C, C++ or equivalent.
· An above average PC/Windows computer skill set specifically related to network and serial interface and configuration
· Must have computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and core business-use tools and knowledge of video and audio standards, and broadcasting would be an asset
· The ability to solder if required (jig repair) is an asset
· Exceptional technical abilities and organizational skills
· High initiative and well-developed analytical problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Talent to cope with varying levels of support and documentation
· Self-starter and quick learner and
· Able to work with minimum supervision while meeting schedules.
· Able to lift 50 lbs., and to work in a manufacturing environment in an individual workstation, within a moderately noisy setting
Ross powers live video productions for billions of global viewers daily with the industry’s widest range of high impact, high efficiency solutions and services. Ross makes it easy to create compelling news, weather and sports broadcasts, engaging content for sports stadium screens, entertainment shows and rock concerts, educational institutions, legislative assemblies, corporate presentations and inspiring content for houses of worship. Ross solutions have impressed the audiences and marketing partners of Eurosport, BBC World, SKY, Yahoo! Finance, and the international esports powerhouse ESL. Ross provides an unrivalled range of products and services that includes cameras, real-time motion graphics, production switchers, robotic camera systems, augmented reality/virtual studios, video servers, infrastructure and routers, social media management, newsroom systems and live event production services. As a privately held and self-funded company, Ross Video has a long and stable history and has enjoyed 29 consecutive years of growth. As well as being free from the influence of external financiers, Ross Video controls its own destiny by owning its own manufacturing facilities, doing all ...primary research and development in-house, and marketing its products internationally through a global sales force and network of business partners.