You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Perform a key role within a world-class health system. Provide vital support to ensure the highest standards for clinical excellence. Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
Within our high volume, goal-driven environment, you will help elevate the productivity of the Medical Staff Office. You will be primarily responsible for being the point of contact for certain specialties and their providers as gatekeepers of the medical staff process. You will serve as a liaison between the medical staff and all hospital departments to coordinate and provide overall continuity of medical staff activities Along with providing due diligence to credentialing applications, you will also be involved with anything operational related to UCLA Health Bylaws and Polices and Procedures. Your role may also involve the preparation of agendas and related materials for medical staff meetings and peer review activities. You will also monitor compliance with medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
Note: This posted position is 1 of 2 positions available for hire. All applicants will apply through this requisition and if selected will be hired into one of the available positions.
We’re seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented team player with:
· One or more years of credentialing experience for a healthcare facility, medical group, or health insurance environment
· Background with online application module of credentialing software a plus
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Outstanding organizational, prioritizing and multitasking abilities
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and with constantly changing deadlines and priorities
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and medical credentialing database applications
· Ability to apply external regulatory guidelines and internal policies to assess and monitor compliance and effectiveness of processes preferred
· In-depth knowledge of data management and documentation methods used in medical credentialing a plus
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.