Job ID: 2021-8246 Type: Office of the Vice Provost for Research (WS1763) # of Openings: 1 Category: Business/Professional Administrative New York University
New York University has established an Institutional Review Board (IRB) to review all proposed research involving human subjects to ensure that the subjects' rights and welfare are adequately protected. The Associate Director supports the New York University research community in the conduct of innovative and ethical research by providing guidance, education, and oversight for the protection of human subjects. This position reports directly to the Human Research Compliance Director and includes responsibilities in the following general areas:
• Develop and apply in-depth regulatory knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations and policies governing human research compliance.
• Serve as a resource for researchers and IRB staff; providing guidance, consultation and education in key compliance review processes and complex regulations.
• Conduct a detailed regulatory, procedural and ethical review of research involving human subjects as an IRB staff member and an IRB member.
• Serve with the IRB Director as a point person for improvement projects within the IRB office and with other offices at NYU.
• Work with IRB Director and senior IRB staff to update all policies and procedures to ensure NYU’s HRPP is compliant with current regulations.
• Assist the Director in the overall operations of the IRB Administrative Office.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Advanced degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences discipline
Required Experience: 3+ years direct work experience in IRB office in a university setting and at least five years of experience in a higher educational institution; have CIP Credential (Certified Institutional Review Board Professional)
Preferred Experience: 3+ years IRB experience and 5 years in higher education administration
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Certified IRB Professional, experience in researach administration; previous experience as an IRB member; familiarity with Cayuse or other ERA systems.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Certified IRB Professional, experience with grants and contracts; previous experience as an IRB member; familiarity with Cayuse and/or other ERA platforms.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/nyugreen.
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.