The COVID Aide supports the testing and vaccination needs of the patients. This position is responsible for performing COVID-19 testing (the collection and processing of nasal swab laboratory specimens from various testing locations within the organization), pre-scheduling appointments for COVID-19 testing and vaccinations, and registering patients for vaccines at Vail Health COVID-19 vaccination clinics based upon vaccine availability as determined by the State of Colorado.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:A
1. Manages patient requests for COVID testing and vaccinations via e-mail inbox and phone calls.
2. Communicates with patients via phone or email to set up testing and vaccination appointments at Vail Health testing or vaccination sites.
3. Sets up, monitors, and maintains laboratory equipment and instruments. Performs sample collections on patients for PCR and non-PCR COVID-19 tests in accordance with manufacturer guidelines and prepares specimens for laboratory testing according to standard protocols and procedures.
4. Pre-schedules COVID testing and vaccination appointments by monitoring electronic patient registration system and entering patient information into applicable Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Collects all necessary identification, insurance information, and other documentation applicable for COVID testing or vaccination.
5. Assists with patient flow at the testing or vaccination site and ensures patients have signed all necessary registration forms and consent forms.
6. Educates patients on the process for submitting COVID tests, result times based on the type of test performed, method of result communication and provides isolation guideline documentation to all patents when they arrive on site.
7. Ensures standard precautions for both staff and patient safety is adhered to at testing and vaccination sites.
8. Registers patients during in-person vaccination clinics using the EMR following registration workflow to avoid errors and provide positive customer service. Collects all necessary identification, insurance information, and other documentation applicable for COVID vaccination.
9. Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, OSHA Rules and Regulations, environmental and infection control standards.
10. Performs high volume routine tasks with accuracy.
11. Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Experience in healthcare preferred.
Previous admitting or clerical experience, and medical terminology are preferred.A
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center. The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became “Vail Valley Medical Center” in 1980, its first year as a full-service hospital. At that time, we had one primary locatio...n and 25 physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, nearly 1,000 employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers. Vail Health is an equal-opportunity employer. The hospital is handicap accessible and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Smoking is prohibited in our facilities. This includes e-cigarettes.