Hong Kong Equity Swap Trade Support, Vice President
June 4, 2021
About The Team
The Equity Swap Trade Support Team based in Hong Kong supports the Equity Swaps Trading desk in Asia covering 19 different markets across Asia. The team covers the Equity Swap product and additionally Cash Equity Hedge, FX processing, warrant and basked flow and Listed Derivative products.
This role is as Vice President in the team based in HK and also covers oversight for the team based in Mumbai. The role covers 19 markets, with a strong focus on China market including Stock Connect, QFII and PIPE and IPO deals.
Core Functions carried out within the team
- Equity Swap trade booking and lifecyle management
- Trade processing exceptions
- Position break management
- Cash Equity Hedge position reconciliation
- Position reconciliation, break investigation and resolution
- Process Improvement
- New Product Approvals and Business enablement
- Regulatory Reporting
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- An absolute focus on risk controls. The teams will be responsible for reconciling and accurately representing traders? positions.
- Motivate, coach, and retain staff, limiting staff turnover as much as possible
- Build an effective team
- Establish and enforce detailed escalation procedures and practices
- Assist in, and in some respects lead the transition of functions from global Morgan Stanley locations
- Learn Morgan Stanley?s businesses, organization, procedures, controls, systems, and staff management practices, as rapidly and thoroughly as possible
- Oversight of the China Business including China Stock Connect / QFII / PIPE and IPO deals