Under supervision of the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, this person is responsible for operation and maintenance of the overall golf course irrigation system. Be aware of areas that may require repair or maintenance. Troubleshoot areas that appear wet or dry to determine if there is a problem with the sprinkler heads, any electrical components and valves or associated piping system. Maintain adequate inventory on site so as to reduce down time due to failures in the system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow established preventative maintenance practices for the entire irrigation system including valves, pipe system and lake aeration systems.
- Maintain awareness of any wet/dry areas for adjustment and/ or repair of system parts.
- Ensure all irrigation parts and tools are properly maintained, inventoried and stocked to minimize down time during peak season.
- Be able to operate, maintain and repair a complex irrigation system. This includes leaks on the distribution lines, valves, swing joints, electrical troubleshooting of solenoids on heads. Be able to perform all work under safe working conditions.
- Operate and maintain all irrigation equipment to manufacturer specifications and safety standards. This includes areas such as the golf course and club grounds.
- Hand water tees, fairways, rough and bunker fingers when needed.
- Operate irrigation heads in dry areas, adjust irrigation heads, perform audits, ability to run heads during fertilizer applications and spray applications where additional water is needed.
- Repairs the irrigation system, pipes, drip lines and irrigation heads as needed.
- When needed be able to efficiently and safely operate machinery on the golf course. IE Mowers, tractors and pro-cores.
- Minimum 2 years golf course experience. Working knowledge of irrigation components.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather. Must be able to lift 50lbs. Must be able to bend, stoop and crawl.
- This job requires weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to work independently and be able to prioritize irrigation repair problems.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits:
- Health Insurance, Company Sponsored Life, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Meals, Uniforms and Golfing Privileges. More benefits can be discussed
About The Club at Flying Horse
Out of the heart of a legendary landscape comes a champion–The Club at Flying Horse, featuring a private 18-hole Tom Weiskopf Signature Golf Course and newly opened 18 hole Phil Smith design Golf Course, European resort-style Golf Clubhouse, World-class Steakhouse dining, an Athletic Club and Spa and luxurious lodging. Commanding center stage in the grand landscape of Colorado Springs’ best luxury community.