· Oversees directly and indirectly Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration Utilization Reporting for all facilities.
· Ensures and validates compliance as related to mandated patient utilization reporting requirements.
· Performs and maintains appropriate analysis to identify trends and validate accuracy.
· Facilitates and coordinates with AdventHealth Information Technology teams, numerous hospital departmental leaders and external agencies to ensure reporting accuracy and continuous process improvement.
Official Licensed Bed Inventory
· Participate in facility site visits to complete and validate physical licensed bed inventory.
· Directly responsible for the creation and maintenance of AutoCAD plans for hospital licensed beds/units.
· Create and maintain accurate and official licensed bed inventories and listings.
· Serve as a designated liaison with AHCA and assist with Licensed Bed Memos as needed.
General Duties and Special Projects
· Develops and maintains positive professional working relationships on behalf of AdventHealth with the Agency for Health Care Administration, other regulatory agencies and trade associations.
· Actively researches and shares knowledge of regulatory requirements for special projects as requested.
· Develops and utilizes understanding of key regulatory and public policy issues as defined by (but not limited to those of) Executive Director of Regulatory Administration.
· Actively participates and collaborates with the Government Relations, Community Benefit and Public Policy teams in strategy sessions and Department meetings.
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department, and the success of the organization, with limited supervision.
· Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. Attends educational offerings to remain current in area of expertise and expand areas of knowledge relating to health care regulations, compliance, and advocacy.
What You Will Need:
Associate Degree with documented equivalent (three to five years) work experience in hospital Health Information, Patient Registration or Patient Billing operations; OR
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Health Planning, Business, Communications or related field
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
Knowledge and understanding of health care regulations and regulatory reporting requirements
In-depth knowledge and ability to navigate AdventHealth’ s multiple information systems
Knowledge of medical coding and billing standards
A Regulatory Administration (RA) Specialist is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate state mandated quarterly patient utilization reporting. In addition, this position, under the direction of the RA Operations Manager, will compile and maintain an appropriate electronic facility bed inventory used for licensure compliance. The RA Specialist must develop positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including regulatory agencies. As a member of the AdventHealth Advocacy and Public Policy team, the RA Specialist should understand key regulatory and public policy issues and proactively participate in discussions designed to educate stakeholders and influence policies that support AdventHealth’ s imperatives. A Regulatory Administration Specialist adheres to AHS policies and procedures and actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.