Bay Cities, an Employee Owned Company, is the leading creative packaging and display partner to brand marketers, retailers and e-commerce. Our passion, experience, technology and consumer insights move product and drive sales.
Our Passion Powers Your Product
Creativity: Our ideas create Client success.
Passion: We have heart with a Customer Service attitude.
Integrity: We honor our business & planet with sustainable practices.
Responsible: We own it!
Safe: Our safe work habits protect us all.
Fun: We take our work seriously- not ourselves.
The Logistic Coordinator oversees and coordinates shipping, and warehouse operations as well as shipping and warehouse personnel.
• Ensures daily updates are made for items running at Coastal/Packout facilities and follow-ups on stock and pallets needed.
• Ensures common carriers are scheduled as well as "will calls" with the carriers.
• Coordinates farm out items by producing checklists for the items.
• Ensures On time delivery tracking is done on a weekly basis.
• Sends, updates, and tracks information required by customers.
• Ensures adherence with company inventory control practices.
• Obtains quotes/rates for outside freight if necessary.
• Monitors inventory and scheduling changes and determines appropriate timing for the pick-up, delivery, warehousing and staging of materials.
• Books purchase orders for freight orders.
• Interacts with production and customer service personnel in maintaining and adjusting the shipping schedule, maintaining the warehouse inventory.
• Coordinates pick-up of stock at corrugated sheet suppliers.
• Coordinates work for forklift drivers.
• Sets-up delivery appointments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of computer basics.
• Ability to communicate with customers and vendor representatives as well as with internal production and customer service personnel.
• Ability to readily make and respond to changes in shipping schedules.
• Ability to work extended and variable hours as required, assigned to different work shifts as needed.
• Valid Driver's License with DMV evidence of good driving record.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
• Knowledge of corrugated packaging industry (shipping, receiving, inventory control and warehousing control practices), a plus.
• High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Consistently conducts themselves in an honest and trustworthy manner. Does not pursue their own individual objectives to the detriment of company goals. Sets an example for others to follow. Does the right thing.
• Demonstrates energy and passion about what they do and knows how to balance work and fun. Is generally optimistic and upbeat; fun to be around. Has a strong belief and zeal for the industry, the job, and the company. Conveys energy and intensity at work with a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved.
• Operates with a customer service orientation internally and externally. Works to positively build the Bay Cities brand in everything he/she does. Builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders.
• Acts as an owner of the business and instills that same attitude and level of action in others. Is proactive in taking responsibility for all outcomes/results and avoids ‘pointing fingers’. Helps to create and maintain a strong feeling of belonging in the immediate and overall team.
• Regularly involves others in decisions that affect their job or work environment. Demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams across organizational boundaries. Participates as a team player and establishes strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
• Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external. Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
• US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation).
• Up to 25% travel required.
• Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
• Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing in California. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
Bay Cities Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Additional Salary Information: ESOP (employee owned company) + bonus and rich and robust benefits.
About Bay Cities Container Corp.
Good things come in Bay Cities packaging and displays. Our team of designers, manufacturers, sales professionals and logistics experts move the biggest name brands in the world from the manufacturer to the retail floor or the customer’s door –with seamless, end-to-end integration and flawless quality. Our more than 60 years of experience proves we know our stuff. We incorporate cutting-edge technology, innovations and consumer research to create packaging and displays that speak to the 21st century customer, on-shelf and online. See your name personalized on a box? That’s us! Experience augmented reality at the point of purchase? That’s us! We own the customer’s buying experience unlike anyone else in the business.