Certified Sterile Processing Tech AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week 3p-11:30p. Call as needed.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates AHS and Florida Hospital Tampa’s policies, rules and procedures by providing courteous service, assisting lost guests, and problem solving to meet special needs or requests.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers, in person or on the telephone. Prioritizes work through utilization of resource lists.
· Separates and prepares contaminated supplies for cleaning.
· Disassembles, cleans, disinfects and accurately reassembles contaminated instruments and equipment according to product guidelines.
· Prepares, inspects and assembles trays and equipment according to written procedures and infection control guidelines.
· Wraps, labels and seals supplies in accordance to product type.
· Operates and monitors decontamination equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
· Loads sterilizer carts in accordance with guidelines. Operates and monitors sterilizers, aerators and heat sealers according to manufacturer’s guidelines. Follows guidelines and procedures for sterilization documentation.
· Cleans sterilizers, carts and carriages according to departmental policy.
· Completes daily work routinely and assists others as time allows.
· Demonstrates quality of work at any assignment. Recognized by other team members for dependability. Follows through on all customer requests.
· Acknowledges customers promptly and courteously. Promotes customer satisfaction.
Anticipates need for assistance. Readily accepts changes to assignments.
· Follows through on daily resource list. Checks in loaners and reports discrepancies. Provides feedback on system changes.
· Utilizes supplies effectively, without waste. Utilizes computer system effectively to adjust count sheets or order supplies. Consistently looks for lost instruments to provide complete sets.
· Prints resource reports as assigned. Demonstrates basic keyboarding skill.
· Completes tray preparation with instrument list and “Hello I am”. Consistently utilizes correct procedure for noting missing items.
· Uses PPE appropriately and universal precautions 100% of the time. Maintains a clean and uncluttered environment.
· Consistently reports equipment concerns that may pose a risk to coworkers.
· Ensures one of a kind and priority instrumentation is readily available.
· Completes mandatory education requirements. Completes a minimum of 3 self-study programs.
Maintains certification. Demonstrates proficiency in handling a variety of instruments.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
· Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently.
· Prolonged standing.
· Ability to function independently.
· Basic computer skills.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· One year experience in processing and sterilization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current status as a certified registered central service technician (CRCST) or Certified Sterile Processing Distribution Tech (CSPDT).
· Completion of educational requirements to maintain certification.
· Successful completion of an approved central service technician course or competency certification through national organization (IAHCSMM or CBSPD).
· Current Certified Surgical Tech would be considered based on SPD experience and knowledge.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION:
i.e. vision, values, etc.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities
Responsible for processing and sterilizing medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.