Supervises Retail, Catering and Administrative Support staff in the department and performs routine duties related to the retail and catering operations. Responsible for modeling exceptional customer service for all internal and external customers. Respond to and manage customer complaints, concerns and suggestions for improvement. Provide timely service recovery for any meal errors or customer services concerns. Monitors cash flow, makes cash deposits and handles payroll. Performs Performance Improvement audits as requested to ensure compliance to regulatory and quality standards. Compiles and maintains records of food use and expenditures. Follows and implements HACCP guidelines. Complies with regulatory agency requirements. Supervises the Retail Food Services Operations and day-to-day activities of employees. General cleaning and stocking as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Graduation from high school or possession of a GED required.
2. Three years of experience performing food preparation and/or service for an establishment such as an educational, restaurant, hotel, correctional, military, or medical institute required.
3. Lead experience required.
4. Retail experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of supervisory theories and methods sufficient to be able to perform a variety of supervisory functions.
2. Knowledge of food safety techniques and HACCP guidelines.
3. Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment.
4. Knowledge of methods and procedures specific to maintaining sanitary food preparation conditions sufficient to be able to direct, coordinate and participate in the preparation of food. 5. Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing food for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
6. Knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions sufficient to be able to perform mathematical calculations.
7. Skill in prioritizing and coordinating activities to ensure effective and efficient completion of the work assignments.
8. Skill in analyzing and resolving problems related to the work assignment.
9. Skill in communicating and establishing effective working relationships with other employees, organizations and the public.
10. Skill in applying the principles of staff development to provide staff training and cross training.
11. Knowledge and computer skills to access and process information.
Computers and Technology
1. Microsoft System experience preferred.
2. Experience with Food Management System (FMS), Sodexo Menu Graphics (SMS), and Market Connection preferred
Certificates, Licenses and Registration
1. ServSafe Certification required.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, coaching, supervision, fostering teamwork, training and development of one or more employees.
Location Main Campus - Pavilion A
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3133
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.