Job no: 501840 Position type: Full-Time 12-Month Department: 017200 - Center for Continuing Education Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS Categories: Professional Position Open Date: Dec 3 2020
This position will develop and deliver a range of safety and environmental certification trainings to assist clients in meeting Mississippi regulatory and licensing requirements needed to work with hazardous materials such as asbestos, lead-paint, and mold.
Center for Continuing Education offers non-credit courses, certifications, workshops, short courses, and safety training.
Area of Specialization:
Safety & Environmental Training
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary trainer for on and off-campus safety and environmental training courses.
- Attend and successfully complete required asbestos, lead-paint, mold, CPR, and OSHA trainings to acquire and maintain principle safety instructor requirements established by regulatory agencies such as EPA, MDEQ, and Red Cross.
- Develop, maintain, and update all course agendas, materials, examinations, exercises, and other materials and technologies needed to offer face-to face and online asbestos, lead-paint, mold, CPR, and OSHA trainings.
- Develop and update all safety exercises and hands-on activities for safety initial and refresher trainings.
- Inventory and maintain an adequate supply of materials and equipment needed to offer safety trainings.
- Manage all records and documentation required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Travel to deliver on-site contract trainings and promote trainings.
- Work irregular hours and days to perform needed job duties.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field of study and two years of environmental safety experience - Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills - Demonstrated experience, education, or training in developing training presentations and teaching adults. - Experience, education, and/or training in asbestos abatement, lead-paint removal, occupational safety and health, industrial technology or industrial hygiene.
- 10+ years experience working in the safety industry. - Master Degree; Certified Safety Professional; or Certified Industrial Hygienist. - Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) certifications in Asbestos Supervisor/Contractor, Inspection and Assessment, Management Planner, and Project Design. -Completion in one of the following: OSHA 501 General Industry course or OSHA 500 course. - U.S. EPA or MDEQ certifications in Lead Renovator, Inspector, and Risk Assessor.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Will require travel throughout Mississippi to conduct trainings. - Will require standing, bending, and lifting while conducting training courses.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online at: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/ by submitting an online application and submitting a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts. Please remove any social security numbers included on requested transcripts prior to submitting online.
For questions, please contact Dixie Cartwright at email@example.com
Position is contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Internal Number: 501840
About Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions and is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity University. Also, a National Science Foundation “Top 100” research University, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff, and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we’re driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State University we invite you to join us as we continue our momentum in research, teaching, and service.
To apply, please go to http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/