JOB SUMMARY The Medical Staff Team Lead under general supervision is responsible for all functions relating to coordinating, supervising, auditing and monitoring of the approval process for credentialing, re-credentialing and clinical privileging of medical staff and delineation of services for the Medical Staff Services Department. The Team Lead will assure optimum performance of the department by providing information and guidance regarding medical staff bylaws, medical staff rules and regulations, allied health professionals (AHP) policies, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other regulatory agencies as pertained to medical staff and allied health professionals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE The Medical Staff Team Lead will be responsible for contacting committee members on the monthly review of credential files, and will serve as a resource for any questions that may arise. The Staff Lead will coordinate the processing of applications through the hospital review process and committee meeting structure, and will work with the manager and director to assure that the findings, conclusions and recommendations in order to improve appointment and reappointment applications, report through appropriate medical staff committees and leadership. In addition, the Staff Lead will participate in system integration and continuing quality improvement efforts to assure appropriate implementation of new credentialing software and ongoing development efforts.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS The ideal candidate must have knowledge of medical staff bylaws, rules, regulations, advanced practice professional policies and credentialing. The ideal candidate must have excellent written, verbal and communications skills and the ability to work collaborate with a team.
OTHER DETAILS - Specialty/Department/Practice - Medical Staff Support
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO accrual beginning Day 1. Please note, benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 3 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Cert Medical Staff Coord (CMSC), Cert Provider Credentling Spec (CPCS), Cert Prof Medical Services Mgr (CPMSM): Must obtain one of the following within 24 months of hire: -- Certified Medical Staff Coord (CMCS) or -- Certified Provider Credentialing Spec (CPCS) or -- Certified Prof Medical Services Manager (CPMSM).
Internal Number: 20014456
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!