Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position works as a member of the food service team on one or more assignments in cleaning, food preparation, patient trayline or retail cafe. Provides service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers in accordance with established dietary and retail cafe policies and procedures.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Sets up work station and prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality standards. Assures that food presentation continually meets standards.
2. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials. Monitors dish machine temperature.
3. Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates.
4. Checks and records food and equipment temperatures according to defined procedures, and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
5. May deliver meals, nourishments, late trays and/or tube feedings to units; return excess nourishments as requested. May also assist in catering or special event service.
6. May handle transactions at cash register (if applicable) and/or cafe.
7. This position interacts with other food service department personnel, hospital staff, patients and families. Requires the ability to follow a work routine with regular supervision, to work quickly and correctly while providing good customer service and maintaining sanitation standards. The work requires the ability to follow instructions and guidelines for the use of cleaning chemicals and be able to work in physical contact with them.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
This position requires the ability to learn and follow established policy and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, to communicate effectively and to provide customer service. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
POS (cash register) when applicable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R3718
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.