This is a management position in the Administrative Services Division leading the human resources strategic operations and the planning, development and maintenance of human resource information systems that supports the Authority’s short term and long term business plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish vision and strategic direction for HR services and develop systems, policies, objectives, initiatives, and organizational structures that support the Authority’s growth and reputation as an employer of choice. Monitors industry trends and best practices in human resource operations, including advances in technology to provide HR service delivery.
2. Ensures policies, procedures and operational practices are ethical and compliant with regulatory requirements and employment laws.
3. Lead, direct and administer the human resources technology functions, including fostering innovation, planning and managing projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
4. Serve as a liaison between management, IT and functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HRIS applications and HR system interfaces with other business software. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the HRMS infrastructure and HRIS systems.
5. Leads all areas of human resource specialization such as employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, training and development, risk management, organization development and records retention.
6. Develops budgets and manages procurement activities for several funds.
7. Performs others duties, including special projects, analysis and oral presentations as directed by the Manager, Administrative Services and serves as Acting Manager, Administrative Services as required.
8. Directly and indirectly supervises exempt and non-exempt employees to include hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluation.
9. May be assigned other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Executive Manager, Administrative Services.
Bachelor degree required. Degree in human resources, business management, MIS, or related field preferred. Professional Human Resource (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resource (SPHR) certification preferred. Valid Texas driver's license. Four years of progressive supervisory experience in human resource management or a related field.
Must possess a high level of mathematical, verbal, and analytical ability to write clear, concise and accurate reports. Knowledge of developing and implementing learning and development programs. Ability to establish and maintain good contact with various public agencies. Must be able to communicate effectively with others. Strong leadership, project management and problem solving skills.
Skills include the ability to manage the life cycle of projects/processes, time management, risk analysis, the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize, team building, results-oriented, and conflict management.
Additional Salary Information: TRA offers a competitive starting salary range, along with a comprehensive benefits package including insurance programs, savings programs, paid time off and holidays.
About Trinity River Authority of Texas
Trinity River Authority is one of the largest river authorities in Texas, where we enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment that takes pride in providing safe, clean water to more than 60 cities along the Trinity River Basin. TRA’s services have greatly improved public health and daily life in the communities we serve since our inception in 1955.