Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company's Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
Tell me about the role:
The clinical lab scientist is an entry level position that functions under the direction of the technical manager. Responsibilities include performing routine laboratory tests and may include some technically complex assays. Activities include operating and maintaining test equipment, performing and documenting QC, recognizing and responding to problems and verifying and reporting test results. Duties included general support functions necessary for the routine operation of the laboratory.
Summary Of Essential Job Duties:
Performs routine and technically complex laboratory tests.
* Operates, calibrates, and maintains lab equipment and instrumentation used in routine and complex clinical testing.
* Provides for the appropriate educational experience of clinical laboratory students assigned to the division.
* Special projects or assignments.
* Reviews and ensures reliability of results personally performed and checks other analysts' work based on quality control and assurance mechanisms, specimen integrity, known clinical history or delta checks, and takes corrective action as necessary.
* Uses established quality assurance protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and analytical procedures including assaying appropriate standards and controls, performing instrument function verifications and recording control data.
* Reviews new and existing policies and procedures according to established protocols.
* Performs phlebotomy procedures including venipuncture and capillary puncture; uses proper technique in accordance with SOPs.
* Follows Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.