The Technical Writer writes and maintains the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and policies for Property Management and standardizes the documentation of the SOPs and policies to ensure they are easy to understand and implement at the properties.
1. Update and maintain existing policies and operating procedures based upon the agreed classification / layout structure.
2. Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
3. Independently gather information from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
4. Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
5. Work with SMEs and the Operations Process Teams to ensure the accuracy of the policies and operating procedures.
6. Work with the Customer Experience team to ensure the operating procedures assist the onsite property teams in providing a uniform and satisfactory Resident Lifecycle.
7. Serve as the back of house administrator of Greystar selected technologies to write, publish and maintain the policies and operating procedures.
8. Work with Greystar's Help Desk to ensure what they need to link to and/or access the SOPs.
9. Serve as the initial escalation point for questions on the SOPs and work with the appropriate SMEs to get the correct answers to inquiries.
1. Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
* Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
* Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
* Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
* Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
* Incumbents work in an office environment.
* Incumbents must be able to view computer screens and other electronic equipment, paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where visual strain may result.
* Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to ten (10) pounds independently and twenty-five (25) pounds with assistance.
* Rare or occasional travel may be required to attend business meetings, training classes, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Experience in working in a technical writing position; e.g. guides, manuals, policies/standards/procedures, online help, etc.
* Experience in writing for multi-family housing, hospitality, or service industries.
* Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with others to achieve desired results.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems.
* College degree in technical writing, communications or related field, and/or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
Position can sit in any corporate office in the US.
Internal Number: R0017087?clientRequestID=14ce5
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.