Under minimal supervision, independently performs, authenticates and reports all tests analyses according to laboratory policies and procedures. Performs required Quality Control and maintenance to ensure valid and accurate test results. Records and maintains appropriate documentation to support pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical testing components. Identifies and resolves problems with test analysis and consults with the supervisors, Director of Laboratory Administration, or the Director of Services when appropriate and according to established protocol. Facilitates quality patient care outcomes in a timely manner.
* Performs required competencies, proficiency testing, quality control, maintenance, testing, and authenticates all results per departmental procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Provides troubleshooting assistance and support to technical staff and with the vendors to ensure uptime and testing turnaround times with equipment and for testing procedures.
* Analyzes pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical quality control and specimen requirements to ensure accurate results.
* Advises and consults with the appropriate supervisor regarding troubleshooting, investigations, and quality control issues.
* Assists in teaching, training, staff development, and competencies for the laboratory and the MLS program.
* Trains for new technology or new testing as new technology or testing is released.
* Assist in compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
* Follows and ensures safety, life safety, and infection control procedures for self, patients, and others.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Familiar with regulatory compliance in QC and competency requirements. * Good communication and customer relation skills to ensure patient safety and quality processes in the laboratory.* Ability to perpetuate teamwork* Ability to organize and prioritize work within the department.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Medical Technologist (Required) * Registered Medical Technologist or MLS w/ American Society of Clinical Pathologists, preferred.* For graduates of 2004 and forward, re-certification with ASCP must occur every third year.* Registered Medical Technologist or MLS w/ American Society of Clinical Pathologists, preferred.* For graduates of 2004 and forward, re-certification with ASCP must occur every third year.
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2672
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.