Covid-19 Response Posting - Front Line Staff/Entry Level
4 Year Degree
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The Microbiologist/Laboratory Specialist will support the Palau Ministry of Health.
Estimated travel: minimal to none
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts testing on COVID-19 patient clinical specimens using existing laboratory platforms. Analyzes clinical laboratory specimens following standard methods and procedures.
• Validates test results through correlation with test parameters and QC metrics.
• Communicate, liaison, instruct, and dialog appropriately with health care providers, patients, and vendors on issues such as test interpretation, recommendations.
• Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
• Provide technical expertise to establish compliance with any of the regulatory/accreditation agencies' requirements related to testing, training and education, competency evaluation proficiency testing, validation, standard operating procedures, and performance improvement.
• Confirms testing on all abnormal values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of test results.
• Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
• Identifies issues that may adversely affect test performance or the reporting of test results and addresses the same.
• Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
• Assist in laboratory quality assurance procedures, data gathering and problem-solving.
• Assist in training and guiding laboratory/research assistants and paraprofessional employees, as well as teaching other technologists’ new procedures.
The candidate must also possess:
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related fields.
• Currently licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
• 5+ years of experience of clinical microbiology experience in an approved medical, hospital, or public health laboratory with 3+ years of supervisory experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Internal Number: 1851
About CDC Foundation
TOGETHER OUR IMPACT IS GREATER
The CDC Foundation is an independent nonprofit and the sole entity created by Congress to mobilize philanthropic and private-sector resources to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s critical health protection work.
We are a catalyst for unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC and philanthropies, private entities and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world.
The government has unique capacities as well as limitations. The same is true for the private and philanthropic sectors. We believe that people, groups and organizations have greater positive impact and can accomplish more collectively than individually. By aligning diverse interests and resources and leveraging all parties’ strengths, our focused collaborations with private and philanthropic partners help create greater impact than any one entity can alone. Your support saves and improves lives—right now and in the future.
Thanks to our donors, we have launched approximately more than 1,000 health protection programs and raised over $900 million to support CDC's work over the past two decades. To keep ...people healthy, safe and secure, we managed hundreds of CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 140 countries