Join our team of collaborative and creative leaders at Denver Health! If you are looking for a role where you can truly make an impact at an organization where relentlessness, excellence, and compassion drive success, we welcome your application. We are looking for a strategic leader with experience in comprehensive compensation structure and audits. Compensation and HRIS leadership experience in healthcare is strongly preferred.
Under minimal supervision, directs assigned functional areas of HR. Designs, plans, and implements human resources programs and policies for respective HR functional areas. Ensures division's compliance with current, applicable labor laws. Leads the work of Human Resources employees. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the HR areas and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
10. Leader Standard work/Management Reporting/Administrative Duties
11. Assists in coordinating and assessing the effectiveness of HR procedures and processes.
12. Prepares necessary and required reports to management, including summary reports and information necessary for ongoing management.
13. Reviews documentation as appropriate.
14. Assists HR managers and team leads with clarifying and updating metrics.
16. Provide all levels of management with coaching on how to effectively develop and deploy leadership standard work; provide staff and managers with the necessary coaching to become effective daily problem solvers.
17. Supports leadership and frontline staff with implementation of improvement activities and A3 problem solving.
19. Conducts education and training; Delegates as appropriate.
20. Regulatory Compliance
21. Maintain full responsibility for the regulatory compliance of the organization in all areas and facets in HR.
22. Provide input and ongoing consultation to Chief Human Resources Officer.
23. Review and maintain all policies, procedures, protocols and practices to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Effective leader with demonstrated ability to develop and achieve results through multidisciplinary teams.
2. Ability to build teams.
3. Communication skills to interact effectively with Denver Health's current service/client base, prospective customers, and all levels of Denver Health management.
4. Ability to understand and apply financial analyses including forecasting, assist exploring strategic options and develop creative solutions to complex problems.
5. Ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable alternative solutions to a question or problem and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
6. Ability to train and develop team members.
7. Knowledge of human resources policies and practices.
8. Knowledge of employment laws and their implications.
9. Ability to provide advice and guidance on the interpretation of human resources policies as they relate to individuals and organizational objectives.
10. Ability to listen to customer/employee concerns and actively respond.
* PHR or SPHR (preferred) * Certified Compensation Professional (preferred)
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2245
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.