Under administrative direction of the Materials Scientist, the Polymer Chemist plans and carries out the research and development program for the design and manufacture of dental materials. Conducts research and development projects and provides leadership and troubleshooting abilities to organization. Communicates with suppliers, and other business partners, regarding quality and other performance issues. Assists production, sales, and customer service with their technical needs.
This person should understand and support the vision of the company. They should develop a sense of dependability and responsibility among team members, operate with enthusiasm and lead by example. They will make certain their own assigned tasks are completed satisfactorily and to standards that are set for the team. Lean tools, methods and philosophy will be learned, utilized and embraced. Communication will be given and receive freely, frequently, consistently, accurately and professionally. The priorities of safety 1st, quality 2nd and production 3rd will be accepted and required.
He/she initiates, cooperates or participates fully as appropriate in using the team approach in solving problems and suggesting improvements that enables Whip Mix to live up to its mission and values.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
1. Designs, executes and evaluates projects related to research and development, analysis, formulation, problem solving, etc., for polymeric and inorganic dental materials. (Essential) 40% 2. Assists quality control and production with problems in producing or testing chemical products either supplied or manufactured, including suggesting corrective procedures to follow. Leads teams in analyzing and resolving QC issues. (Essential) 25% 3. Communicates with suppliers regarding quality of products supplied and current and projected company demands. Gathers and analyses data relating to raw materials. (Essential) 10% 4. Provides assistance to sales and customer service regarding all materials. (Essential) 5% 5. Attends meetings and participates in discussions both inside and outside the organization regarding the details of operating chemical production facilities. (Essential) 5% 6. Provides advisement services to professional organization such as ISO, ADA etc. (Essential) 5% 7. Communicates with professionals in the industry regarding current conditions and new development in the technological aspect of the field. (Essential) 5% 8. Consults with research organizations that use company products to gain feedback regarding quality and performance of those products. (Essential) 5% 9. Performs other functions or duties as assigned. 0%
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements
1. Thorough knowledge of the design and manufacture of polymeric and inorganic based dental materials.
a. Additive photopolymer systems.
b. Polymer/ceramic composites.
2. Good interpersonal skills to coordinate the work of other staff in research projects.
3. Experience working in a regulated industry – ideally medical devices.6
4. Thorough knowledge of all company products and their uses as well as basic skills for conducting laboratory work.
5. Thorough knowledge of product validation, process control, statistical data analysis.
6. Ability to effectively communicate both common and technological languages depending upon the audience.
About Whip Mix Corporation
When you become a Whip Mix employee you join a team that is a recognized leader in the dental industry. We are committed to leveraging our technical expertise and manufacturing excellence into practical solutions for dental professionals. Our love for the customer creates a relationship-driven business model that helps to ensure the success of all of our global partners. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and our Facebook page. We are an EEO employer.