Processing Operator IV-2001928 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis on process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. BASF is always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Processing Operator (2001928) - Parma, ID
The purpose of the position is Processing of seed through the different Processing sub-departments, being warehousing/receiving, conditioning, enhancement, treatment and packaging/shipping, following standard operating procedures and Company guidelines. This requires following instructions and accurately measuring seed and materials necessary to fulfil the Processing manufacturing orders.
Processing policies and procedures
* Understand, follow and accept policies and procedures. * Ensure safe working environment and practices. * Ability to execute a part of the processes within PRC sub-department. * Basic computer/MS program skills (open files and read only abilities). * Movex reporting only * Positive attitude, team player and willingness to collaborate.
* Understand and follow all standard operating procedures and accredited procedures (NAL) in accordance with Processing Management in order to ensure Processing standards and global standardization are maintained. * Understand and follow all safety policies and procedure in accordance with corporate, local, state and federal mandates to ensure regulatory compliance. * Understand and perform good housekeeping practices for all assigned areas of responsibility to achieve a safe work environment. * Pass lift truck/reach truck training and safely use these as directed to move seed or other materials. * Through continual communication, keep the team leader(s) informed of on-going departmental activities, issues and concerns. * Warehousing specific * Perform all receiving of seed and non-seed items, all drying of incoming plants or seeds, all sampling of seed lots throughout all processes, all storage of seeds and non-seeds in the right package and storage condition and seed blending activities in order to ensure that all seed is in the right condition and to have a timely start in the next processing activity. * Keep all warehouses organized and operating in an efficient manner in order to ensure that all employees follow the rules for internal housekeeping and (seed) storage. * Understand and control the many control steps in workflow and the many exceptions and high error sensitivity that goes with it. * Maintain good communication with main stakeholders within the Operations division: * Capable of understanding and applying the basic principles of Warehouse Management systems related to the warehousing activities.
* Capable of operating a broad range of different machines like sizers, air-screen separators, indent cylinders, (liquid) density graders, color sorters and magnetic cleaners. * Be able to handle complex simultaneous and sequential processes like dirt-nett cleaning of various crops while maintaining the required accuracy levels. * Capable of working with chemicals/solvents (liquid density cleaning specific). * Have the ability to understand and apply MSDS guidelines. * Capable of understanding and applying the basic principles of seed physiology and morphology related to the conditioning processes.
* Handle a very diverse range of complex processes like (drum) priming, wet and dry disease treatments, conventional and rotary pelleting and seed extraction, that all require specific knowledge and skills. * Understand and manage the many control steps and exceptions in the workflow and the high error sensitivity of the processes (brix readings/water additions, chlorine concentrations, high temperatures etc.). * Understand the implications that many enhancement processes are irreversible (wet processes), so any type of error leads to potentially unusable seed lots. * Capable of working with chemicals/solvents. * Have the ability to understand and apply MSDS guidelines. * Capable of understanding and applying the basic principles of seed physiology and pathology related to the enhancement processes.
* Have technical insights to be able to operate and maintain sophisticated seed coating equipment. * Possess a registered and valid applicators license that ensures safe handling of fungicides and insecticides. * Capable of working with chemicals/solvents. * Have the ability to understand and apply MSDS guidelines. * Capable of understanding and applying the basic principles of seed treatment applications related to the treatment processes.
* Have technical insights to be able to operate and maintain sophisticated seed packaging equipment. * Have specific knowledge of printing software applications. * Flexible attitude towards repetitious (packaging) activities while maintaining the required accuracy levels. * Handle large amounts of administrative work (every packaging order is separate MO). * Understand the implications that the packaging process is the last point of contact before the product reaches the customer. * Capable of understanding and applying the basic principles of Warehouse Management systems related to packaging and shipping activities.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You...
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You...
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 1 year of manufacturing and/or Agricultural operations experience preferred. * Prior forklift experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.