JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
What it Means To Work Here
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) Asia team is responsible for implementation and oversight of Anti Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures for the firm's businesses in Asia. The successful candidate will principally be involved in the day-to-day management of the CB and CIB KYC Advisory and Reviews team providing advisory on applicable KYC policies and procedures as well as performing compliance review and approval for KYC records for newly on boarded clients or existing clients whose KYC profile is being renewed. He/She is also expected to contribute and actively participate in strategic policy review and or implementation initiatives at regional and global level. This role implies a close working relationship with business and operations functions.
· Review of KYC records of financial service providers (including hedge funds, private equity firms, broker dealers, correspondent banks and money remitters) to ensure accuracy and compliance with appropriate standards.
· Provide guidance on KYC policies and regulations and liaise with Business and Supporting Functions for day-to-day Compliance-related escalations and questions.
· Contributes to the ongoing review and update of applicable KYC policies and procedures
· Execute daily routine of KYC approvals and tracking.
· Conduct regular KYC/AML training on the Firm's policies and procedures to business staff in line with Regional and Global AML Programs
· At least 4-7 years work experience in a compliance, legal, risk management, client onboarding or control function – preferably gained in a global financial institution.
· Exposure to AML, ATF, PEP, ABC and Sanctions issues
· Strong communication - written and interpersonal
· Demonstrated ability to effectively consult to obtain desired results
· Must be a self-starter, pro-active, organized, with a keen eye on details and have the ability to work independently.
· Strong research skills, familiarity with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Highly motivated, intuitive and possess initiative to identify potential process improvements
· Familiarity with the various US, EU and APAC regulatory regimes applicable to the banking industry. Knowledge of cash management, investment banking and corporate banking or some experience with the corresponding banking business will be a plus.
· Fluent speaking and writing abilities in English is a must. Mandarin speaker a plus but not essential.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.