Production Engineer - White Stone, SC-2001642 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Production Engineer (2001642) - White Stone, SC
Where the Chemistry Happens
Who Are We?
As the leading global chemical supplier for the personal care, home care, industrial and institutional cleaning industries, and technical applications in the agrochemical industry, BASF Care Chemicals is focused on partnering with customers to create innovative solutions with great speed and agility to meet the current and future needs of society in a more sustainable way. We are proud to contribute to the long-term success of our customers' brands by offering a broad range of products and concepts such as common household items, like cosmetics, detergents and cleaners, as well as industrial products and processes like crop protection, rubber belts, hoses, concrete, and metal plating.
At Care Chemicals, we not only care about supporting our customers and achieving strong business results; we care about our team members. We aim to create a motivating, inspiring and inclusive work environment where all team members feel supported, heard and developed. Being part of our team means showing up every day to work collaboratively across functions to win for the overall success of the team. We value bringing diverse perspectives and backgrounds together to stretch our teams to think differently, challenge the status quo and problem solve for the greater good of our customers and society.
Come, be a part of our team and create Care chemistry with us.
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role as a Production Engineer, you will support the day-to-day operation of the plants providing technical leadership in executing the required production plan. You will provide strong leadership in the areas of safe plant operation and adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies. In addition, you will be instrumental in leading troubleshooting efforts when problems arise, as well as identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Demonstrating your technical knowledge, you will be responsible for critical PSM/RMP/RCMS elements and processes, such as Management of Change (MOC), PSSR's, Interlock and Bypass Procedures, Operational Procedures, and Employee Participation. Changes needing a MOC will ensure risk assessments are thoroughly done so changes do not jeopardize safety of plant.
* Your significant production experience will serve you well as you participate in production planning and scheduling and work with the maintenance gatekeeper to set priorities for equipment repairs.
* Relying on your strong attention to detail and teamworking ability, you will provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the Daily Operational Team for plant problems that occur and identify opportunities for improvement. You will also use these abilities to assist and/or lead the coordination, planning and execution or shutdown or turnaround work including maintenance and capital activities.
* With your sound knowledge of Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement programs and methodologies, you will direct process capability and efficiency efforts to reduce operating costs while improving plant operations.
* Leveraging your education in an Engineering Field (Chemical Engineering preferred) and your related experience, you will provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and Quality Incidents.
* Successfully engaging within and outside the organization, you will act as a manufacturing representative on capital and expense projects and interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed to maintain plant operation.
* Your unwavering commitment to workplace health and safety will be evident as you perform daily observations on safe work practices, compliance to basic rules, and set high standards for housekeeping. You will also be on-call and respond to any after hour event that impacts production or EHS.
* Your robust analytical skills will be a valued asset as you develop and track key metrics as needed for plant performance relating to Asset Effectiveness, PSM and RMP performance, cycle time, downtime, and utilize this data to target the most effective improvement opportunities.
* Serving as a role model, you will champion risk reduction activities for all plant employees by setting a Zero Incident mindset.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.