Vice President, (Advanced Practice) Nursing, Primary Care
The Nurse leader for the Service Line has responsibility for leading and managing all nursing functions associated with the Service Line in accordance with established the Inova Health System policies, procedures and decision matrix. The Nurse leader provides executive level leadership for nursing/patient care, establishes standards and ensures regulatory compliance, promotes quality patient care, retains fiscal responsibility for assigned departments and directs/evaluates nursing resources utilization. The Nurse leader participates in major direction-setting activities for the Service Line in collaboration with the leadership Triad.
The Nurse leader for the Service Line has a dual reporting relationship to the Physician leader for the Service Line and to the Inova Chief Nurse Executive. Direct reports to the Nurse leader for the Service Line will be co-designed by the service line leaders and the CEO and the Clinical Enterprise Triad.
The Nurse leader for the Service Line has the following responsibilities which will be executed in accordance with the established System policies, procedures and decision matrix:
1. Collaborate with the Physician leader and Administrator to develop and implement the overall Service Line strategy and annual priorities and targets (e.g., growth, quality, safety, experience, cost) per the System approach for same
a. Monitor and develop action plans for nursing metrics on the Key Results/Performance Scorecard for the Service Line in collaboration with site CNO
2. Facilitate the development of contemporary interdisciplinary team-based care models in conjunction with Service Line Physician leader.
3. Develop and facilitate implementation of the nursing practice within the Service Line across the System in conjunction with care delivery site and system nursing leaders per System standard/policy
a. Nursing policies and procedures
b. Standardized staffing expectations for nursing
4. Collaborate with the CNO at the site of care to ensure that established nursing practice is implemented with appropriate measures of success regardless of site of care
5. Collaborate with the Chief Nurse Executive of Inova on regulatory activities (e.g., JCAHO) and industry designation activities (e.g., ANCC Magnet Recognition Program)
6. Collaborate with the Physician leader and Administrator to develop and maintain the Service Line as a clinical practice "home" for all team members with emphasis on coaching for performance excellence per system standard
a. Participate in developing and executing engagement plans and culture integration plans for the Service Line, per system standard/policy
b. Assist with development of internal Service Line communications, per system standard/policy
7. Serve as the "go-to" collaborator for all aspects of nursing care required by the Service Line, building and sustaining effective, collaborative partnerships across Inova in ongoing strategic management of Service Line nursing, including partnerships with the:
a. Physician leader and Administrator for the Service Line
b. Care delivery site nursing leadership
c. Nursing leadership for other Service Lines
At Inova, safety is the foundation of everything we do. You're always safe at Inova.
Our commitment to quality starts with the safety of our team members. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our employees.
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there's no safer place for you to work.
Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
Relocation Assistance Available
Internal Number: 51681BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.