The Employee Health Supervisor will oversee the Employee Health department. Will assist with coordinating pre-employment screenings and annual tests, along with ensuring that employees are offered proper first aid treatment for work-related injuries.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* Works with the manager to plan, organize and monitor the site’s operations.
* Directs daily functions of site/service line staff, including staff scheduling and approval of time off.
* Assigns patient caseload and department tasks as needed to various team members.
* Works with the manager, interviewing job candidates and makes recommendations for hire.
* Monitors and reports on individual staff performance and completes staff performance reviews.
* Provides support for staff development.
* Monitors team members compliance with departmental quality assessment monitors, and departmental policies and procedures.
* Responsible for response to customer feedback, complaint resolution, staff incident reporting/resolution and maintaining standards of excellence.
* Monitors staff productivity with respect to productivity targets.
* Works with manager to ensure regulatory readiness for site.
* Responsible for inventory control and initiation of purchase requisitions.
* Develops clinical staff competency standards, trains/mentors/precepts staff members to attain appropriate competencies to deliver patient care.
General Requirements • Graduate from an accredited nursing program with an active State of Michigan nursing license • Obtain Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) credentials within one (1) year of hire
Work Experience • Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in occupational health, emergency or urgent care, or a related field. • Previous experience researching, designing and delivering presentations to groups. • Minimum of two (2) years of experience leading or supervising employees.
Education • Bachelor’s degree in health-related field.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills • Strong verbal and written skills. • Strong organizational skills • Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment • Demonstrates ability to use a computer as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job. • Experience with the Agility electronic record keeping system for employee/occupational health - preferred.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/75900331