We are seeking a full-time Mechanical Assist Device Coordinator at Inova Fairfax Hospital
The work hours for this position are Monday through Friday, days, with an on-call requirement
The Mechanical Assist Device Coordinator:
* Inpatient and outpatient management of ventricular assist device (VAD) patients.
* Assessment of ventricular assist device (VAD) patient needs and coordinate multidisciplinary care.
* Educates Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) patient, family, and care providers.
* Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice. Collects data required by the hospital, the FDA, and other regulatory bodies related to implanted devices. Submit information to the appropriate agency(ies).
* Communicates effectively and works collaboratively with others. Provides support and education to nursing staff and other health professionals regarding the Ventricular Assist Device (VAD), its implications for the patient, and how to troubleshoot alerts and alarms.
* Professional Development: Ensures improvement in practice by assuming responsibility for self-development and lifelong learning.
* Provides Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) program call coverage (24/7) and technical advisory to Inova Health System VAD patients. IND9 #LI-MN1
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
* Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
* Competitive 401k match
* Educational assistance #IND1 #LI-MN1
Inova hospitals were once again awarded 'A' grades for the Spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades. Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there's no safer place for you to work.
Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
Strict PPE requirements for all staff and visitors
All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
New safety wayfinding and social distancing signage is installed everywhere
Waiting rooms and registration areas are arranged for social distancing
We deep-clean our facilities nightly; we wipe surfaces and sanitize throughout the day
Hand sanitizer is available everywhere at all times
All team members are required to practice frequent hand washing
Patients with symptoms are immediately directed to separate exam rooms
Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
Inova operates drive-through Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
Internal Number: 55438BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.