Syndicus NACON provides service-oriented staffing and recruiting services to small businesses, large corporations, nonprofits and government agencies. We pride ourselves on personal service, local market knowledge and commitment to providing great job opportunities. We specialize in contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement positions.
Are you a software installation and troubleshooting expert? We have a great opportunity for a Software Support Specialist near Pittsburgh, PA (just slightly NE in Indianola, PA – located in the Fox Chapel School District). This is a contract to hire role with a rate of up to $80/hr., depending on experience.
Department/Team Description - Technical Assistance Center – To provide product technical support to all customers, internal and external.
Position Summary -
This role will assist with completing routine and preventative maintenance and Implementing software for new customer. As well as providing remote software upgrades and server migrations for customers, all in a timely manner.
Remotely Support customer upgrades
Position Duties and Responsibilities - List the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading.
• Identify six to eight duties and responsibilities for the position, including how tasks are accomplished and anticipated results.
Enter Description here:
• Record accurate and detailed information in all necessary applications in a timely manner
• Submit customer complaints in a timely manner
• Provide in depth professional technical support to internal and external customer for Bayer products
• Strive for process improvements and first time fix rates
• Review and provide updates to procedures as needed.
• Drive for customer success
• Perform/Troubleshoot remote software upgrades
• Perform/Assist with remote OS upgrades and server migrations
• Verify/Update server configuration in Service Max
• Perform pre and post upgrades checks
• Validate software is operating without errors
• Validate OS is operating without errors
• Confirm adequate server resources are available to operate without errors (i.e. CPU, RAM, Disk Space)
• Confirm/Apply DICOM and HL7 preventative maintenance procedures
• Provide Level 1&2 technical support
• Build customer OVF files and help import as needed
• Configure customer settings to meet the customers’ requirements
• Test/Validate new customer interface
• Create and test scripts to automate commonly performed tasks (i.e. Troubleshoot, Upgrades, Implementation configuration, pre and post checks)
Please get in touch with us today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Education Preferred if different from above Bachelors Degree
Skills & Competency Requirements - (list 3 to 5 non-negotiable items such as years of experience, industry of preference, specific knowledge items, professional certifications, skills, abilities, etc.)
1. 8+ Years in IT Administration and tech support. Responsibilities include onboarding client with installation and upgrades, knowledge on privacy laws and cybersecurity. 2. Knowledge on IT Infrastructure, Servers, Virtual Machine and Cloud deployment. 3. Networking knowledge and Troubleshooting abilities, including analyzing log files. 4. Should be able to interface with customers and have excellent customer service and phone skills. 5. Self-motivated, Action orientated and eager to learn. 6. Knowledge on Hospital Interfaces; HL7 and DICOM. 7. Medical Device domain knowledge.
Preferences - (list nice-to-haves such a specific knowledge items, certifications, skills, abilities, etc.)
1. Knowledge on MongoDB, CouchDB(NoSQL). 2. RedHat Certified 3. Hands on Linux experience Knowledge on RHEL. 4. Scripting (BASH / Python) and SQL Basic.
About Syndicus, Inc.
Companies require specialized resources and technology to stay competitive, compliant and leading edge to solve business challenges and support continued growth. At Syndicus, we create strong relationships and an in-depth understanding of IT staffing and business solutions. We then draw on that collective experience with the goal of helping you fulfill your company’s specific objectives and optimal business strategies.
Syndicus was established in 2007 in Annapolis, Md., as a technical recruiting and staffing company. In 2009, Syndicus expanded its services to include staffing and solutions. Our focus areas for consulting are: Health IT, Life Sciences and Technology Services, especially cyber security resources.
In 2012, we received a full national accreditation from the Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission (EHNAC) and state designation as a Management Services Organization (MSO) by the Maryland Health Care Commission (MHCC). These noteworthy accomplishments allow us to continue working with healthcare providers on EHR adoption efforts – and subsequent achievement of Meaningful Use.
Today, we provide experienced consultants within our three focus areas ...for organizations across the country. We are a company that values strong relationships, personal connections and investments in our clients’ success. Whether you need staffing or solutions, we work with you to ensure success.