Allevio Pain Management invites anesthesia, PM&R, and neurology trained physicians with Fellowship training in interventional pain management to consider joining our evidence-based, pain management practice. Allevio is conveniently located at the intersection of Toronto, Ontario’s two main highways: 401 and 404.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
New Fellows welcome. Allevio is looking for compassionate and fellowship-trained interventional pain management physicians with exceptional interpersonal skills, unwavering integrity and work ethics to join our team. Essential requirements include Board certification in Anesthesia, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation or Neurology, and a Fellowship in Interventional Pain Management or Pain Medicine from an accredited training program. Your background includes a minimum of one year of experience in an independent, public, hospital, or academic medical setting (which can include your fellowship year). Your licence is in good standing and you must be able to acquire registration, licensing and applicable CMPA (Canadian Medical Protective Association) insurance to practice in Ontario.
With everything we do, Allevio believes the system improves when patients are treated well, when the team is treated as collaborative equals, and when we share what we learn along the way with our community. What we do today is help people, what we will do tomorrow is apply our learning to fight opioid abuse, bring dignity to a debilitating condition, and share our positivity with a whole and open heart.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assess and treat elective and urgent consultations.
· Assess and treat patients in accordance with best practice standards and all applicable regulatory standards.
· Provide evidence-informed medical and/or interventional pain management to patients based on appropriate clinical indication and meet high standards of care.
· Utilize fluoroscopy or ultrasound to perform most interventions.
· Participate in collaborative care with Paramedical clinicians and other physicians and support the services available for multidisciplinary interventional pain management.
· Report regularly to the Medical Director and work closely with the Clinic Manager, Executive Team and Patient Access Team.
· Maintain continued professional development, at a minimum as required by the provincial regulatory body.
· Participate in team meetings, educational events and clinic social events.
· Complete medical documentation and visit claims data in the clinic's electronic medical record (EMR) system in a timely and professional manner.
· Other duties based on need, including teaching, research, educational presentations, expert opinion report preparation, independent medicolegal consulting, and administrative tasks.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
· M.D. Degree, Board Eligible or Board-Certified physician.
· Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience required or a minimum of 1-year post-board experience (Fellowship can count towards the 1-year experience)
· Minimum 2 or more years of experience in a hospital or private clinic environment preferred.
· Must have a licence in good standing and must be able to acquire registration, licensing and applicable CMPA insurance to practice in Ontario.
· A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to provide instructions to patients, clinical staff, operations support teams and other physicians.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills including personable and positive bedside manner.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Management Team.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff.
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills with strong attention to accuracy and detail.
· Adaptable and responsive to change with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Highly motivated with demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a high-performing team.
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive compensation package.
· One (1) week allotted for continuing education requirements.
· Relocation services.
· Credit facilities and/or support to setup in Toronto.
For more information about Allevio's evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to pain management, please visit our website: www.allevioclinic.com. Share your CV with us at email@example.com and let’s get a conversation started.
Allevio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Internal Number: 001
About Allevio Pain Management Clinic
Our mission is to improve the way the world manages pain by opening the bottlenecks between outstanding care and those waiting too long to be helped.
Over the last 7 years, Allevio has grown to be among North America’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary pain management practices. We design and manage services that are easy to work with and symbiotic. We bridge knowledge and practice gaps between other physician specialties, the law and medicine. We constantly work to improve our experiences for both our patients, and those who help them.
We have a thriving private practice with 2 full fluoroscopy suites complemented by a team of anesthesia, physiatry and neurology-trained specialists, anesthesiologist assistants, RNs, clinical assistants, and patient access coordinators to assist you. We take care of all operational functions allowing you to focus on providing quality, evidence-based, interventional pain management treatment to patients.