Under limited supervision, is responsible for a wide variety of skilled duties at assigned County sewage treatment plants of varying design and processes, involving appropriate physical, chemical and bacteriological testing and analysis to maintain an acceptable effluent. Maintains daily record of all plant operations and contributes data for monthly reports to regulatory governmental agencies. Operates and performs preventive and general maintenance on a variety of mechanical equipment in sewage treatment facilities and performs general maintenance work required to keep building and grounds in good repair. Operates computer to input and retrieve data pertaining to plant maintenance and operations. Is alert to hazards and uses safe techniques on the job. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Employees of this classification are required to be available for operational problems, equipment emergencies, widespread storms, power outages and other operations and maintenance emergencies as deemed necessary by management after normal working hours, weekends and holidays. Also, employees in this classification are required to be on assigned On-Call and/or On-Call alternate, as required by management.
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. Must possess a class "C" Municipal Wastewater Treatment certificate from the State of Michigan; OR
NOTE: Class C Certification requires completion of high school or its equivalent and two (2) years of operational experience in a wastewater treatment facility.
2. a. Must possess a class "D" Municipal Wastewater Treatment certificate from the State of Michigan; AND
b. Have three (3) years full-time operational work experience in a wastewater treatment facility; OR
3. Have six (6) years of full-time operational work experience in a wastewater treatment facility.
4, Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license.Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date.
5. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
6. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.