The Adult Education & Literacy (AEL) Contextualized Learning Instructor is responsible for supplemental instructor for student who are in integrated education and training (IET) classes. Contextualized learning is a proven concept that incorporates the most recent research in cognitive science. It is also a reaction to the essentially behaviorist theories that have dominated American education for many decades. The contextual approach recognizes that learning is a complex and multifaceted process that goes far beyond drill-oriented, stimulus-and-response methodologies
Essential Duties :
1. Design, plan, organize, and deliver contextualized learning instruction for IET students. 2. Use varied methods of instruction to deliver instruction. 3. Offer specific instruction to help workers maintain or improve job skills. 4. Will be delivering instruction in business etiquette; basic math & measurements; problem solving/critical thinking; and communication in the workplace. 5. Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Associate's Degree or 2 years of college education. 2. Previous experience with teaching or instruction. 3. Experience with planning, organizing, and conducting a workshop/seminar or similar type activity. 4. Attention to detail and time managements skills are helpful. 5. Excellent written and verbal communication abilities. 6 Honoring Blinn's and the Texas Adult Education and Literacy policies and regulatory requirements. 7. Ability to gather and collect data and build Excel reports. 8. Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement. 9. Willing to work mornings, middle shifts, or closing shifts.
1. Texas Teaching Certificate or degree in Education or Adult Education.
2. Teaching experience working with a diverse population of adult students in a multi-level setting.
3. Curriculum development and lesson planning experience.
4. Current knowledge of Texas Adult Education and Literacy policies and procedures.
5. Knowledge of Aztec distance learning program.
Salary Range: $17/hr. - $20../hr DOQ
Internal Number: 8900
About Blinn College
Established in 1883, Blinn College offers a variety of college academic transfer, workforce training, and continuing education classes for more than 18,000 students who attend one of our four campuses or our comprehensive distance education programs. The premier two-year college in Texas, Blinn College has the state's highest percentage of students who transfer to leading four-year institutions.