The Department of Medicine in the Keck School of Medicine of USC is seeking an exceptional physician to join our department in the USC Internal Medicine Residency Program as Associate Program Director. The Associate Program Director works with the Program Director in developing, directing, and managing the Internal Medicine Residency program. The APD position ensures stability of the residency-training program, including compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies.Â Our three-year program is home to 165 residents.
The APD will provide mentoring, teach and present services to the faculty, residents and students in the Internal Medicine Program, as well as Residency Administration. Following is an overview.
1. Assists the program director in mentoring and providing critical evaluations of the clinical and teaching effectiveness of the internal medicine residents and program.
2. Ensures adequate physician, resident and other provider supervision of the outpatient teaching services.
3. Attends conferences regularly.
4. Serves as a role model by seeing patients within Continuity Clinic.
5. Assists with the implementation and coordination of the residency training program according to the appropriate guidelines and accreditation requirements of the ACGME.
6. Participates in the recruitment, selection, and orientation processes of residents and faculty.
7. Responsible for overseeing required curriculum and elective curriculum and assisting in the preparation of goals and objectives.
8. Serves as an advisor to assigned residents, ensuring evaluations and other requirements are completed per resident policy.
9. Participates in the planning and making recommendations for the acquisition of optimal educational resources for residency education.
10. Serves on assigned committees such as, the Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) etc.
Applicants must be board-certified or board-eligible and hold a current CA State Medical License and a full schedule, fee paid DEA License with a CA address.
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is. We strongly value diversity and are committed to equal opportunity in employment.Â Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Internal Number: REQ20078239
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.